now i have a shalom too



one of the most popular (and free!) patterns on ravelry is for the shalom cardigan. after endless browsing of the thousands of shalom projects on there and reading tipps on modifications, especially adding long sleeves, i decided to go for it. and what can i say: i LOVE it! it was relatively quick knit for me (less than a month, in which i had many days not knitting). it's certainly not the last one i made. i used cascade yarns ecological wool for this one. it's a lovely yarn, very rustic. but for my next one, i will choose a more softer yarn, as it does scratch. the beautiful buttons are from orit dotan on etsy.



i had thought of taking self-portraits in my parents garden, but some little one had other plans. so i took some pics with my mobile phone in the train on the way home. all project details and more notes here on ravelry.



4 comments:

simona said...

cool, it's finished! it does look rustic, i like that. and the buttons are cute.

Kelly Ingram said...

Love it Sylvia! The colour is just lovely, as are the buttons x

Anonymous said...

You don that well.. I'm afraid I can't be still long enough to knit, I can barely blog, but I bet its the end result that keeps you grounded!

Anonymous said...

i love the buttons! i buy silks from orin,,thanks for the button tip, i need buttons for my cria sweater. so... you've done a great job on the neck of your shalom. whats turned me off most shaloms, is the necks always look way too big and baggy. did you modify yours? cant wait to see it in lettuce...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...