foxes for little girls... "are we there yet?"


i was on the road all day yesterday (16 hours of driving, not my favorite way to spend a day) and brought my wire craft supplies with me. some of you who left comments the other day are fortunate to be able to read or knit in car. i was only able to do a few ornaments with wire, taking long breaks in between each project. the fox you see in the first picture was what i came up with using my prototype as a reference.


my little 3-year-old friend who sat behind me saw me making the fox and said "ooh, yu making a cat! is it fo meee?" i felt bad because it was not for her and she had been such a good girl the whole car ride. so i added pink and purple beads to my "prototype fox" and gave that one to her. then she asked if i could make one for her sister as well. that was so sweet, it reminded me of sylvia and me, we also always made sure our sister would get something. so these are the foxes for the girls. (i do feel like i have to apologize for the cell phone pics.)

thanks for everybody for the tips on what else to do on a road trip. we ended up listening to audio dramas and played a game of guessing how many times our poor little girl in the back seat would ask "are we there yet?" my guess was 65. it came to 58 times then she fell asleep.

3 comments:

Tracey ~ Clover said...

I think sister's are the best and how thoughtful of you to take care of both little girls.
The 'cat's' [ :) ] are adorable.

Zoe said...

Wow, they're adorable! You're so talented! I'm the same, I can't do anything in the car without getting carsick.

Marianne said...

Cute little "cats" - and isn't it fun traveling with cute little girls??? I always liked it :))

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...