color inspiration: urban sunrise


sometimes i wish i was more of an early bird. because although i do not like getting up early before the sun rises, if i do, i love the reward of seeing the sunrise. i think the saying should not go "the early bird catches the worm" – i think it should rather be "the early bird catches the sunrise".

that beautiful sunrise in the photo was my recent reward for getting up early to get a head-start on the day. since i loved the color scheme and the little birds sitting on the power cables, patiently waiting for it to get lighter, i used this photo as inspiration for a painting.

birds on cable waiting for the sun to rise –FOR SALE–

do you also get up early to get the day started before everyone else? i know especially a lot of moms do that, get up before the kids or with the kids. i need to get out of the house though to be able to see the sunrise. one day it is my dream to be able to watch the sun rise from one side of my house and to watch it set on the other side. one day...

4 comments:

Kim said...

I love the sunrise, so much magic in the early morning hours. I miss it most days, my little man likes early morning snuggles, but I know one day again soon I will get to enjoy it more often.

Beautiful piece!

karen said...

I am always up before sunrise, it's my best time of the day for thinking and pondering and list making. Great morning photo!

Kelly @ Polkadot Lane said...

I love your 'birds on a wire' painting - very cool. I'm not an early riser by choice. I have been, under duress, when the kids were all young but now just a bit later is the preference :-P. Sunrises are beautiful things to see though xx

sylvia said...

simply gorgeous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...