do these colors inspire you?

there are a few sites that help me find nice color combos whenever i feel i need some creative input. this particular scheme you see below was found on kuler, it's one of the most sophisticated color scheme sites in my opinion. let me tell you, it's a lot of fun to create your own themes or browsing through the various categories!having a beautiful color palette is a wonderful source of inspiration to me. sometimes i see something in every day life with such a fascinating palette, that my mind instantly creates ideas of how i could use these colors in some artwork, decoration around the house, or in an outfit. i'm sure you have this happen to yourself as well.on the other hand, if somebody else presents a color palette that i need to work with it presents a welcome challenge for me too. so what i will do today is: present sylvia with this lovely palette that stood out to me for it's warmth. i'm curious what she'll come up with...



so, yes this is what i came up with, using one of my favourite time-sucking sites, polyvore. i love how warm the colours are, they remind me of the glow of a fireside and at the same time there are some fresh elements that make me look foward to the coming season, spring!

staying warm, waiting for spring

staying warm, waiting for spring von merseybluff

3 comments:

simona said...

How nice! I love what you came up with. Wish I had all that in real life ;)

Kelly Ingram said...

A lovely, warm combo. I also find patterned fabric a great inspiration for colour mixes.

ellenmarie said...

i looove those colors! i've found that i am pretty obsessed with purple lately which isn't normally a color that i am drawn to... and i'm with simona, i wish i had every item in that collage :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...